DBC Total Triiodothyronine (T3) ELISA kit, kit image, silhouette of a pipette
Ref CAN-T3-4220
Kit Type: Competitive ELISA
Kit Size: 96-well break-apart microplate
Sensitivity: 0.16 ng/mL
Sample Type: Human serum / 50 μL
Calibrator Range: 0.2–10 ng/mL
Total Assay Time: 75 minutes
Note: When using the kit, the IFU version that is provided with the kit must be followed.
pdf icon
  • CAN: IVD
  • EU: IVD CE
  • USA: IVD

Triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4) are the two active thyroid hormones found in the blood stream. About 80% of T3 is produced by the deiodination of T4 in the peripheral tissue and the other 20% is produced directly from the thyroid gland. T3 is transported through the peripheral blood stream bound to serum proteins, namely thyroxine binding globulin, thyroid binding prealbumin and albumin. About 0.3% of the total T3 is unbound and is therefore considered the free fraction.